(AK, BC, CA, HI, ID, OR, WA)
Region I had a videoconference on November 5th and here’s what went down:
– Affirmed: prior vote that Zoom is an acceptable platform to elect a regional representative and that those RR members who attend are eligible to vote
– 11 Yes, 1 Abstention: regional reps will ideally have 2 years of renunciation. Open Issues: definition of renunciation (process addictions inclusive) and how to word renunciation (clean time, sobriety, following 5th precept, etc)
– Split vote, 1 abstention: regional reps will ideally have demonstrated active engagement with the RR program for a period of 1 year or 2 years. Open Issue: split vote, 6 votes for 2 years, 6 votes for 1 year, 1 abstention.
– 9 Yes, 1 abstention: regional reps will ideally have been actively engaged in RR related service and will demonstrate this with a written submittal for review prior to voting.
– 13 Yes, 1 abstention: regional reps will ideally have experience with leadership, organization, and communication.
– No vote, but general agreement: position requirements and expectations of regional representatives (time commitments, financial commitments) will be presented along with position qualifications.
Our next meeting is scheduled for 11/19/2017 at 1 pm eastern. All members of Refuge Recovery within Region IX (the New England states) are welcome to attend and participate.
Call-in info for the meeting:
Dial：1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 245 824 949
Our International Sangha has a newly elected representative, Jerry Sulonen from Lund, Sweden. Thank you, Jerry!!!
Send your Regional update to us at email@example.com!